jueves, 22 de octubre de 2015

Post 6: How Green are you?

Well, first i have to say that I'm not very "green", not because I don't want to, I think it's because I'm a little bit inattentive with the things that surround me. The environmentally friendly practices that I have are very few, like not wasting water, paper or plastic. I learned the most of that practices by my mother, who always is worried about water and electricity, but for economic reasons, not for ecological. I always try not to use paper unnecessarily, for example when  I use an ATM, I never print any receipt. I have other environmentally friendly habits, like trying to purchase glass maded bottles over other materials, like the plastic maded ones. You can reutilize them and produce much less plastic waste.
I usually use the bus, I don't have a car and I live too far away of everything like to go on bike or walking anywhere. I never have joined an eco-organization. Once I sign for Greenpeace, against Shell, who are going to search oil in the north pole, destroying several polar bear habitats. Then like every week Greenpeace sent me an E-mail asking me for economic support, but I never have donate anything. In the future I would like to buy the less plastic made goods that I can, I think that is one of the most helping actions that we can do to reduce our carbon footprint. If I live near my job in the future I plan to use a bike as trasportation too. In our city, I think that an ideal solution that would help very much to the environment and the pollution problems would be to enhance the public transportation, because in that way, there would be less cars in the streets, but only with fixing the buses I think that the pollution will be very reduced, because sometimes I see buses that throws up to the sky so much fumes, like a chimney...

4 comentarios: